Accessories (bags, footwear, hats, bijoux)
Requirements for Partecipants
WHO IS ON NEXT? 2013 is open to participants who satisfy the following requirements:
1) All Italian talents who:
- produce a small collection independently in Italy and have minimum distribution in place;
- have already produced up to two/three collections but were unable to take their activity to the next level due to lack of funds;
2) All non-Italian talents who:
- are based in Italy;
- already produce their own collection in Italy and have minimum distribution in place;
- have already produced up to two/three collections but were unable to take their activity to the next level due to lack of funds.
General Terms and conditions for participation
Applicants must submit:
- an application form accompanied by the agreement to the acceptance of the Regulations available for downloading at http://www. altaroma.it;
- brand profile;
- designer profile;
- pictures of their creations, videos in DVD format of their presentations or any other material related to the applicant’s collection;
- moodboard, sketches, images, texts to describe and explain your style and the choices related to the new S/S 2014 collection;
- a video in DVD format (max 3 min) through which the applicant introduces him/herself and presents the collection in the style of a TV interview;
- addresses of stores to whom the applicant has sold or presented his/her creations or a presentation by retailers, journalists, designers or entrepreneurs who have already examined the collection.
The enclosed material accompanying the application shall be submitted both in Italian and English. On paper and electronic format. Submitted material will not be returned.
A panel of judges has been set up comprising, beside the management board of Altaroma and Vogue Italia, industry professionals (Italian and international business owners, distributors and retailers) and the international press. The Commission is in charge of assessing all applications, short-listing candidates and selecting the winners.
By June, 1st 2013 up to ten finalists will be nominated in a definitive decision by the Commission. The results will be communicated by letter to all finalists and, after that, announced by means of a press release and published on the web-site of the project.
At the request of the Commission, the finalists shall attend a meeting either in Milan or Rome in the required time and at their own expense. Among the short-listed finalists, the Commission will nominate up to three winners in a final decision chosen on the basis of their originality and creativity.
The Commission reserves the right to declare no winner.
During a trunk-show taking place at the 2012 edition of AltaRomAltaModa in July, the Commission will examine the finalists’ collections providing a preliminary technical evaluation.
Then, all the finalists will present their mini-collections S/S 2014 (comprising no more than 12 outfits) to press and buyers with a collective runway show/presentation or will take part at an event hosted and curated by the project Organizers.
In relation to this specific event, accommodation, transport and presentation expenses will be settled by the Organizers within a pre-established budget.
The winners will be awarded with:
- a feature in Vogue Italia dedicated to them and their creations shot by an internationally renowned photographer;
- reports and articles on TV, specialized magazines and newspapers thanks to the support of a dedicated Press Office;
- the necessary support to identify and liaise with companies that may be interested in producing and distributing the winners’ creations;
- prize money to support the winners’ collection;
- yoox.com, the leading fashion, design and art multi-brand e-store, acting as Online Retail & Media Partner of WION 2013, will give the winners the opportunity of promoting a look or exclusive creation in over 100 countries.
January – Publication of the contest’s regulations in Vogue Italia. Presentation of Who is on Next? project to TV and newspapers at a press conference in Rome during AltaRomAltaModa in January 2013.
March – Second publication of the contest’s regulations in Vogue Italia.
July Finalists’ runway show. Proclamation of the winners during AltaRomAltaModa fashion week in July 2013.
September – Runway show/presentation of all finalists in Milan during the Ready-to-Wear fashion week.
*This is an excerpt from the Regulations. To view the complete version, send your request by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. All the material must be submitted by and no later than April, 1st 2013 – by post to the address: Altaroma – Progetto WHO IS ON NEXT? Via dell’Umiltà 48, 00186 Rome – for further information send an e-mail to: email@example.com