A crush of charity circuit types flocked to the Frick on Thursday night for the museum’s annual Young Fellows Ball. The theme of this year’s Donna Karan-sponsored revelry was Dance of Time, coinciding with the museum’s current exhibition, “Precision and Splendor: Clocks and Watches at the Frick Collection,” showcasing a multitude of historic timepieces dating from the Renaissance to the early 19th century.
Dave Benett, Designers, Diane Von Furstenberg, Donatella Versace, Fashion, Fashion Blogs, fashion designers, FASHION PHOTOGRAPHERS, Franca Sozzani, International Woolmark Prize, Lifestyle, Victoria Beckham, Wordpress.com
On the occasion of the 2013 International Woolmark Prize, Colin McDowell says it’s time to evolve international talent searches to eliminate disadvantages for non-English speakers.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
19,000 people fit into the new Barclays Center to see Jay-Z perform. This blog was viewed about 160,000 times in 2012. If it were a concert at the Barclays Center, it would take about 8 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Many thank’s to all friends of F&S Guru and find more in 2013!
Love, F&S Guru
The French fashion designer who made it big in the 1980s and became synonymous with Madonna and her famous cone bra in the 1990s, is back at it and he wants to appeal to a broader audience. “To be honest, this is also the first time we are ready for America in time,” Gaultier told WWD.
He adds, “At the end of the day you have to ask yourself: Why am I doing this? And I say I want to touch more people with my clothes. So it’s good to sell more — because I’m still not bad at designing clothes, no?” Continue reading »
We have the great pleaure to recieve the award Blog of the year 2012 that shiro51144 passed to us.
The award bring 6 stars and for now we have the first one. Will fight for all of them giving our friends, followers and readers all the pleasure reading our posts. Thank’s to be together sinse the time we began blogging here.
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple :
1. Select the blog(s) who you think deserve the ‘Blog Of the Year’ award.
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s)you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award;
3. Include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012′ Award http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges !)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
5. You can now also join our Facebook group -click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012′ Award Facebook Group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Our nominations for Blog of the Year 2012 are:
Happy Xmas to all!
For women’s fashion designer Narciso Rodriguez, it has meant hiring left-brain fashion-industry veteran Robert J. Wichser in May. The label tapped him to be chief executive and resident “suit” at the 15-year-old label. Mr. Wichser’s mission is to help the Narciso Rodriguez label regain the business mojo that has eluded it in recent years.
“The coat is the first refuge” said designer Anne Marie Beretta talking about the 101801, the unmistakeable double-breasted camel coat she designed for Max Mara in 1981. A legendary classic, and symbol of the Group founded in 1951 by Achille Maramotti in Reggio Emilia. Continue reading »
Alexander Wang has quickly risen in the ranks of fashion stardom with his effortlessly chic T-shirts, brazen boots, studded handbags, high-impact fashion shows and… well, the list goes on and on really— but we will spare you the embarrassment of the drooling mess that you inevitably become at the mention of any of his luxury products (don’t worry, we are right there with you.) As if this designer’s star couldn’t get any brighter, according to market sources, Wang was just named as the new creative director for the PRP-owned fashion house, Balenciaga; pause for those fashionistas out there that just fainted.